The Financial Aid Office is required by federal statute to recalculate federal financial aid eligibility for students who withdraw, drop out, are dismissed, or take a leave of absence prior to completing 60% of a payment period or term. Click below for the full policy.

R2T4 Policy

Students must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress in order to ensure ongoing financial aid eligibility. Click below for the full policy.

Academic Progress Policy
VS Voices
“My career change was pretty drastic. I was working in insurance. The insurance world is far off the post production world. People asked me why the drastic change. (I told them)‘Because I have always done editing just for fun, it’s something I always wanted to do.’ If you do something for fun, why not get paid for it and do it professionally? Grab the tools and knowledge that you need to get there. That’s why I am here. I did sacrifice to be here because I quit a full time job and I have 2 kids, but to get to your goal there has to be sacrifices you make.”
– Yesenia Rosales

The cost of a secondary education is often a matter for concern, and some film production schools don’t share Video Symphony’s perspective on making video editing training accessible. If you are worried about paying for Video Symphony, we have a number of resources to help.

Can I Afford Professional Level Training?

We have an exceptional financial aid team that takes pride helping countless students achieve their dreams in ways other film production schools can’t. A financial aid officer will work with you personally to devise a plan for any financial obstacles you may face. Our officers are specially trained in the ins and outs of helping students from all backgrounds finance their education without ending up buried in debt. They can point you to the right applications and help you complete them correctly.

Video Symphony also participates in the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Financial Aid Programs. This provides affordable financial aid for anyone who qualifies.

The following financial aid links are helpful:

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov use the school code 041160 to file your FAFSA application to begin the process of applying for federal aid.

To apply for federal loans online, visit www.studentloans.gov


We offer a pay-as-you-go plan for those who prefer not to pay the entire tuition at the start of each semester. Monthly payments let you plan out your finances and offer more flexibility so you don’t have to put your career development on hold.


California provides grants to help certain students continue their education. You must submit a FAFSA and file the California Student Aid Commission’s GPA Verification Form by the postmark deadline of March 2nd to apply for Cal Grants B and C for the upcoming school year.

  1. Cal Grant B assists low-income students with a living allowance and tuition and fee assistance. It typically provides enough to cover books and living expenses for most first-year students. After the freshman year, a new or renewed Cal Grant B also provides minor assistance for tuition and fees.

  3. Cal Grant C helps cover tuition and training costs for students attending occupational, technical, and vocational programs.

The grant includes up to $547 for books, tools, and equipment, and up to $2,462 more for tuition and fees for schools like Video Symphony, which must be non-California Community College schools. This grant is offered per-year for up to two years. You must enroll in a qualified program of at least four months to qualify.

Our financial aid officers encourage applicants to submit their GPA when applying for the Cal Grant C because it can increase chances of receiving an award.

Federal Pell Grant

Students across the country rely on Pell Grants to makes education more affordable. This is a free grant that doesn’t need to repaid, unlike loans. Learn more.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

Students with extreme financial aid are eligible for FSEOG awards. FSEOG prioritizes students who receive Federal Pell Grants. Learn more.



Federal Stafford Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized)

The primary way that most students cover most of their tuition costs for any secondary education, Federal Stafford loans provide a low-interest bank loan. The financial aid office can help with applying for these loans. Learn more.

Federal PLUS Loan

Parents can borrow via PLUS loans to pay for their children as long as the child is: a dependent, an undergraduate student, and enrolled at least half-time. These are also loans from banks, savings and loans, and similar, and are a decent low-interest option. Learn more.

Regarding Federal Student Loans: (1) Federal student loans are required by law to provide a range of flexible repayment options, including, but not limited to, income-based repayment and income-contingent repayment plans, and loan forgiveness benefits, which other student loans are not required to provide; and (2) federal direct loans are available to students regardless of income.


Video Symphony offers private loans to qualified applicants based on their credit profile, who are available for two or three years. The loans include a competitive, fixed interest rate and a loan fee applied to the loan. This fixed-rate alternative to variable interest rates on private student loans available on the open market can decrease the risk of funding your education with a loan. Please contact the Financial Aid office for additional questions about using interest rates and fees to asses and compare private student loan options.

Financing your education at the Video Symphony audio and film production school doesn’t have to be difficult or confusing. Our financial aid office is ready to help you navigate all the loan and grant options available to you so you can pursue your dream.